Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time Flies!

Time flies especially when you're having fun!  But I've been busy and that's why I haven't written anything in almost 30 days.  To all my hardcore fans and followers "I am sorry"...   but I do find it harder to find the time to write and really, it's hard to put things down on paper sometimes.   But let me catch you up.

Firstly, Alex is moving out!!!  Bitter sweet for sure.   We happened to stumble across a listing here in Spring Ridge for a condo that she really liked.   It was a bit out of her price range so she put a low offer in.   It was turned down but no counter offer extended.  Hmmm.. oh well.  So we then were able to win a small bidding war for a foreclosure condo in the same location!   Ended up getting that for a steal!!!!   It had brand new carpet and paint all through it.   It is 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.  Needs a few things and we plan on getting a new hot water heater, appliances, granite counters, and ceramic floor tiles in it as soon as we get the keys.   She is supposed to settle this Friday.   Should only take a week or 2 to do the work.  I've got plenty of time on my hands now so I should have no problem getting to it!   She's excited and did this all on her own.  She is getting her very own mortgage with no assistance from anyone else!   We're all very proud of her and she is as well.

A couple of weekends ago was our annual (now it is) fishing with morons trip!   My good friend Danny started taking me and a bunch of other guys out on the Bay the fall after Chris passed away.   We did it then and had a great time and have done it every year since.  Here's a link to when we first started.

It was cold but we still caught some fish and had a great time together.  It's a friendship that I cherish.   These guys have been my friends through thick and thin and have stood by my side through it all.  They would do anything for me and HAVE.


Heather and I had a very special evening a couple weeks back.  Styx came to play in the Warner Theater in Washington DC.   We did see a small snippet of them this summer at a concert with 2 other bands but this was all them and they played their Pieces of Eight, and Grand Illusion albums front to back just like you were playing them on a turntable!   It was a great concert.  Beforehand we went to dinner at Chef Geoff's which is right across the street from the Warner.  The food was fantastic and we would certainly go back!


Oh yeah!   Well Heather's daughter Ella is in the 1st grade and this year she had the option to do a Science fair project.  Well once she knew that Mr. Charlie liked science she was all over it.   She did something that compared how fast ice melted based it's shape.   Lot's of fun and she got a blue ribbon too!!!!