Sunday, September 28, 2008

We celebrated Chris today!!

Saturday would have been Chris's 46'th birthday. Last year she died right before her 45'th birthday. That day came and went that we didn't even have time to think about it. This year was different. We've had plenty of time to think about it. (Picture from 9/27/2006 - Chris's 44th birthday)

My good friend Rich reminded me that birthdays are meant to be celebrated. They should not be days of mourning. If it was not for Chris's birthday none of the wonderful times we've all had with her would have happened. So that is why we celebrate!!! Easier said than done, but not impossible to do once you put your mind to it. So, with that in mind, the boys and I "celebrated" Chris's birthday for her.

Michael and I went out for breakfast while Tyler slept over at a friends house. We then went out and bought some flowers for the house. Chris loved flowers and I make it a point to keep fresh ones in the house as much as possible.

In the afternoon, I went to the cemetery and cleaned up some of the flowers that had been left behind from 9/11. I brought a pumpkin and a beautiful mum for presents. I stayed for awhile and even sang happy birthday.

Tyler, Michael, and I went out to dinner to celebrate just as we would if Chris were with us. We went to her favorite restaurant, La Paz. It was a nice evening and we sat outside. I had her favorite drinks, margarita on the rocks NO salt! The boys looked at me like I was crazy as I always get them with salt. It was my way of having her with us! We also ordered her favorite side of guacamole! I hate it, as do the boys but we got it and laughed the whole time we ate it.

We walked around downtown Frederick for about an hour and made our way home where we watched a movie together and then crashed.

Happy Birthday wishes to you Christine!