Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Busy Birthday !


Got home late from Biloxi. Good to get away and not have to run around doing stuff, but having to worry about the boys was tough. Michael had rides to school in the morning from his Uncle and Heather picked him up each day! A great relief to have someone home to help out! It took a lot of pressure off my shoulders for sure.

Saturday was my 48'th birthday. I've not been one to celebrate birthdays in the past and especially the last couple of years. This year I have to say was one of the best that I can remember in a long time. Heather bought me a few wonderful presents and she and I went to my good friend Danny's 50th surprise birthday party. I didn't feel so old after I went to his party!!!

I bought her tickets to the John Mayer concert for Christmas. Saturday she and I went. Before the concert she took me out to dinner to Old Ebbits Grill right by the White House in DC. Great dinner and we had a wonderful chat during it as well. After the dinner we went to the concert. Michael Franti and Spearhead was the opening act. They were great. Very energetic and he doesn't wear shoes!

After that John Mayer came out and put on one of the best concert shows I've seen. I've seen a lot that is for sure and this just caught me by surprise. The verizon center was sold out and we had great seats. It was a great birthday present for sure. One I won't forget.

This week Alex's lacrosse team is preparing for their opening game at McDaniel in Westminster, MD. Here is a great preseason writeup about them. Alex is one of the 3 team captains this year and after starting each game last year she should be doing the same this year as well. This year brings about 13 seniors back. These are girls from a huge recruiting class that her 1st coach brought in. Should be a great season!

Mike also has started his lax season at St. Johns. Lot's of practice so far and that's a good thing!