Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas is upon us....

Kitchen Before & After
Well it seems like the holidays are now right on top of us.   It has been a VERY busy and hectic last month.  To begin Alex was finally able to move into her newly updated condo.   She/we had a lot of work to do in order to get it fully remodeled.   New appliances, new ceramic floors, and best of all new granite counters have transformed her once drab condo into a new thing of beauty and contemporary style!  She has officially left our house and moved in on her own.   Her old bedroom is now totally empty and in dire need of a new paint job!  That is next on our list of to-do's here at home.
December not only brings the holidays but it also brings with it many birthdays!   Michael turned 15 on the 7th!   Hard to believe.  Heather's children also celebrated birthdays as well, Ella is now 7 and Nick turns the big one-eight today!   We all went out on Mike's birthday to a Japanese Steak House and had the hibachi where they cook it front of you.  It was nice and the kids all enjoyed it.   Ella not so much but she was fun none the less!   

Me?  Well that's a new book.   I was forced to look for new employment after I had been working with my current employer in a contract only basis for 9 months.   It worked out well while I was doing it but I had to look out for my own interests and future so I decided to see what was available in the market.  Well I don't know if I was lucky or if the moons lined up just right but I found a place in Reston, VA that was hiring new account executives.   I applied and they called me back 2 days later and said they thought I would be better fit to another role they had in the Sales Engineering department.   I was very qualified and jumped at the opportunity to get back into that role.  After several calls, and a 4+ hour onsite interview with various execs I was offered the job.   This all happened in about 1 week.  In fact, my immediate boss is in Dallas and I only spoke with him on the phone.  

Needless to say I accepted their very generous offer an started work on the 13th!!!  I am a work-from-home employee, but I do have the ability to be in the office whenever needed as I'm about an hour away.  They just move to brand new office space and are located in the Reston Town Center.   The name of the company is Contact Solutions, Inc.   My title is Solution Architect.   I do a lot of client interaction and work with partners and sales people to sell our hosted-IVR solutions to large call centers.

The new job and the holidays have really taken it's toll on me as I'm really exhausted most nights.  I think primarily the holidays with everything that needs to get done and all that really adds to it.  In any event Christmas is in 2 days.  We're all excited for some time off and relaxation.  Merry Christmas to all my friends and followers....