Saturday, February 5, 2011

So... who's still watching?

Full House
Alright folks I'm sorry.   It's been 6 weeks since I've updated my blog.  If you are a regular follower then I have to apologize.   If you are just stumbling by then no apology needed.  

When we last left off.... oh yeah Christmas.  Great Christmas this year.   We spent the entire day with Heather and her kids.   Had breakfast and presents at her home and then had dinner at my house.   Alex's boyfriend, Cory, was in town and he was able to enjoy the day with us as well.   It was really nice and ended with a very large game of Apples to Apples.  Great group game that even Ella enjoyed playing. 



Made by the Wood Whisperer
Tyler continues with his wood working skills.   He's made some very interesting thing recently, but most impressive was a wooden box he made for his girlfriend for Christmas.   He made the hinges out of wood and also put a mirror on the inside.   He's becoming quite handy....    We call him the "Wood Whisperer"!  

The name of the game around here really has been WORK.  I started my new job and have been very, very busy.  I'm learning a lot of new things and doing very well.  I go into the office 2 or 3 days a week and although it's a change from where I've been the last 14 years I enjoy it a lot.   The company is very generous with the employees with many nice furnishings and provide all sorts of food and drinks throughout the week.   In fact Panera comes in 2 times a week with a large assortment of their usual goodies.   I have not traveled any yet but that will soon start up again.   We are ready for it in the house and so am I.

We've done some fixup around the house.  Alex's old bedroom was painted as was the kitchen and family room.  Let's just say we're doing a little early spring clean up.Tyler had some days off of school and very kindly did that for us!   Such a good boy.  

Ella leading the conga line!
Yesterday was a special ball for Ella's girl scout troop.   I was honored to be able to take her so she could be with her friends and we all had a great time.   We met some other kids for dinner before hand and then went on over.   She had a blast and as I put to the other parents there it was a lot like herding cats!  

Well that's it for now.   We continue to live our lives and grow stronger each and every day.   This year will bring some dramatic changes with Tyler graduating, Alex moved out, me working a new job, there's just a lot happening.    I'll keep you posted.

PS!!! Don't call the house number any more.... It's been disconnected!!!!   I cancelled the home phone as we all have cell phones and all we got were solicitations.   Bye for now...