Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Well I've been pretty busy the last several days preparing for Christmas. The kids and I just got back from midnight mass and they are finally starting to settle down. Tradition has it that they get pajamas on Christmas eve and all sleep in Alex's room. The tradition continues!

Tomorrow we'll have about 30 people over to our house to celebrate Christmas. It has been very hard to get into the holiday spirit this year but I am trying. EVERY time I turn around something is reminding me of Chris. This is not a bad thing at all, don't get me wrong. It just tugs a little harder at the heart strings is all.

Last week a very good friend lost her father to a 17-month battle with brain cancer. Marianne is a dear friend of mine and worked for Chris for several years. Her birthday was last week and her father died on that day. I didn't know her dad very well as I had only met him a few times. What I do know is that the child that he raised is one that I have a great deal of trust and respect for. She helped me and continues to help me through all of my journey. We can only hope that our children grow up to be good people. Marianne's father did a wonderful job raising his and for that I am grateful. He will be missed by many, but he remains with us through his children.

I have more to do before tomorrow morning and I have to get up early to put my 22 pound turkey in the oven.

Merry Christmas to all that are reading this. God bless us all.