Sunday, December 28, 2008

Come and gone...

Well Christmas 2008 came and now is gone. The kids and I went to midnight mass this year. Something that Chris and I used to do all the time BC... before children. It was nice and very peaceful. We didn't get home until about 1:45 and they all went right to bed. I was up until 2:30 and then laid in bed until 3:30. At least that was the last time I saw the clock. I just laid there and thought of all the good Christmas eves that we've had in the past.

I set my alarm for 7:45 as I had to put the turkey in the oven. I hit the snooze and then at 7:50 my mother called me to wish me a Merry Christmas and thank me for the presents I sent to her. Needless to say I was a bit out of it! Everyone was up and about by 8:15.

The dog was excited and could not wait to get her new bones, and new bed. The boys got new snowboards and Alex got a new cell phone and a new NorthFace jacket. The kids pimped me out with new jeans and sweater to try and get me out of the 80's!

Everyone came over to our house around 4. We had a lot of food and everything turned out really well. We exchanged presents and had a gift game that we've done for many years now. It was nice day. Everyone left by 10pm and I just sat on the couch to soak it all in for awhile.

Yesterday (Sat) my friends from Annapolis all came up to see us here at our house. They brought soup, and pepperoni bread and all the things needed to have a nice evening! It was really very thoughtful of them. They care a lot about the kids and I and went out of their way to see us.

Today is Sunday and all the days of the last week are catching up to me. I'm really exhausted. I got the kids tickets to the Washington Capitals hockey game in D.C. for tonight so we'll be headed off to downtown in a little while. I'll fill you all in on that later.

Christmas came. There's a huge void left that was filled by Chris. I'm trying very hard to make things as good possible for us.

Happy new year !