Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pool Championship

As most of you know I have been playing in a pool league on Monday nights for about 3 years now. My father-in-law and 2 brothers-in-law played for quite awhile and finally got me to come out.

I enjoy it a lot. It used to be a great way to take my mind off of things and relieve some of the stress that was weighing heavy on me.

After Chris died I've found it very, very hard to go. Mainly because that means that I have to leave the boys home alone for upwards of 4 hours on a school night. They never mind and sometimes I can shoot early and come home early.

This session (12-weeks) our team finished good enough to make the playoffs in our hall. We played last week and won our semi-final game and played last night. It was a tough team but we managed to beat them 3 matches to 1 in the best of 5 series. I played and won my match as did my 70+ year old father in law and my brother in law Ken. Winning means that we move on to a much bigger venue at a very large pool hall in Baltimore on February 7th.

Winning a pool match is never a really big deal. But for some reason last night really meant more than just a win. Maybe it was just nice to see something go my way for a change.