Sunday, June 13, 2010

Concert


Last night Heather and I went to Bistrow, VA and saw a concert! It was Kansas, Styx and Foreigner. All bands that I saw about 30 years ago!!! OMG that's a long time. It was her first real rock concert and she had a great time. The bands were really good and the seats were fantastic.

We got home pretty late and for 40-something year olds that can be pretty rough on the body!!!


I've been doing a lot of fix up work at Heather's house recently. Tyler, her son Nick, and I replaced and reworked all of the railings on her weathered deck. It looks much better now and is already for some paint or stain! That's the next job!
All-in-all things are going very well. Alex started a new job at a local credit union here in Frederick. She's a salaried employed with very good benefits! Great for her. She's excited and doing very, very well. Tyler and Mike are both done with school now. We're waiting on grades now. Tyler is working at Holly Hills Country Club and at the Frederick Keys. Both are part time and add up to some decent income for him. That should keep him busy for the summer. Mike is done and will be in NEED of some sort of job or community service so let me know if you need anything done!!!!

2 weeks ago Heather and her kids went with all of us to my friends in Annapolis. They had a pool party and we went. It was a great time, with great friends, and great weather.... Great opportunity for everyone to meet her children as well.

Lacrosse has finally come to a close for the spring season. We had our club picnic last friday and then we had the conference tournament on Sat/Sunday. It was an incredibly busy weekend to say the least. I have stepped down as president of Spires Lacrosse after serving for 4 years. It's been a very rewarding time for me and it has certainly helped me to get through the troubling times that I've had.

Oh yeah, last weekend I had the HONOR to take Heather's 6-year old to her daisy troops backyard campout! It was a very fun time. No rain and her daughter had a great time! She and I get along great and really enjoyed making s'mores and sitting around the fire. It was an early morning and I paid the price the next day but I'd do it again in a heartbeat....