Sunday, May 16, 2010

Heather

Well if you are an avid follower of this blog you already know that I have been dating someone since September of last year. She has become and integral part of my life as well as my children's lives. We have a great deal of things in common with one another, but at the same time have differences that make us laugh and smile.

Last Friday Heather attended an American Cancer Society Relay for Life event. She ran into the person that runs everything for this area. Her name is Laurie and as she was talking to Laurie she explained that she knew me. Laurie exclaimed "You're Her! " as she has been one of those avid followers! Realizing that I have not posted an official picture of Heather yet I thought after Laurie's meeting with her that I should do so.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce everyone to her and have posted a beautiful portrait of her from last summer. Many of you have had the chance to meet her already and we continue to see friends out and about that have not yet met her.

Life is a very tough journey, filled with many highs and many lows throughout. I have seen the lows face-to-face and never thought that I would ever see a high again. Depression is a horrible thing to deal with. Finding Heather has taken me out of the bottomless pit that I was in and put me at the top of the mountain! Life is good once again. Thank you for everyone's well wishes and continued love and support of me, my family, and now Heather.