Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Scan results

Okay so the my General Practitioner calls me Monday morning at 7:45AM! Immediately I'm already sweatin' bullets.

The CT results showed the following: no tumors, cysts or things of that nature (Oh thank god!), slight inflammation of the pancreas, and an inflamed gallbladder. So something is now causing the gallbladder to be inflamed which causes the pancreas to be agitated which produces higher levels of lipase. You following me on this?

She called a gastroenterologist in Frederick that does some specialized test called ERCP. He in turn said no lets do a MRCP. Basically this is a non-invasive and specialized MRI of the duct work of your pancreas and gallbladder. I'm scheduled for that on Wednesday morning at 7:30 AM. The ERCP goes in through your mouth similar to an upper GI and it can actually cause you to get pancreatitis because of all the irritation that it can do. After that then we'll see how / if we can fix what's been causing the pain and issues for the last 6 weeks. All indications are gallstones followed by gallbladder removal.

Today I feel better than I have in a long time so maybe I'm on a rebound too. Still have pain but more localized. Thanks for pulling for me and looking out for me. I'll let you know more as I find things out...